St Johns Pre-School Group offers education and care for children from the age of 2 years 6 months until their entry into Infant School.
Our Aim is:
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent involving community based group.
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
We offer your child:
- A specially tailored curriculum working towards the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage which are:
A Unique Child
Learning and Development
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults
- The support of a personal keyperson
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and your child’s progress.
To comply with the requirements of the Government’s Extended Flexible Entitlement, our Pre-School Group can offer you and your child attendance as follows:
Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
We can also offer you the opportunity of bringing your child at 9.00a.m. if this suits your personal requirements. However it is emphasised the pre-school session is not fully operational at this time and your child will be asked to sit in our book corner for their own safety until such time the session is in operation.
9.15 a.m. – 3.30 p.m. or
9.15. a.m. – 2.15 p.m. or
9.15 a.m. – 12.15 p.m. or
12.30 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. You may also collect your child at 1.00 p.m. (after packed lunch), 2.15 p.m., 3.00 p.m. or 3.45 p.m.
Thursdays 12.30 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. You may also collect your child at 3.00 p.m. or 3.45 p.m.
Friday 9.15 a.m. – 12.45 p.m. Our hours on Friday are allocated to children who will be commencing Reception Class at Infant School the following academic year.
If your child is attending longer than the 3 hour slot, this will necessitate you in providing them with a packed lunch. Please use these timings to meet your individual requirements. We are more than happy to care for your Pre-School child until 3.45 p.m. if it is more convenient for you to collect your school age children first.